Thursday, March 5, 2009

We've Been Schooled!


OK, I know it's been a while since my last post but this is a must. I have a friend (my age) that has been cooking ribs since he was 16 years old. How can you argue with almost 25 years of experience. Now my wife Shannon loves herself some ribs. So I decided to take her to Hungry Harry's in Seffner, where my friend Dennis works, to let her try these rib s. In my personal experience I have never had ribs this tender and flavorful. Shannon was blown away. She had memories of the roadside smokers and stands in Mississippi. We both now have a favorite place to get our BBQ. I would definitely encourage anyone to try Hungry Harry's. They have two locations, but I have to be a little more partial to where Dennis cooks. If you have read some of the earlier posts about "A Truly Humbling Experience" you would understand when I say that a co-worker wanted to challenge Dennis to a rib showdown and I had to intervene in his behalf. I am one to challenge a dish, but I have learned also to cut my losses. I promise you if you try Hungry Harry's you will not be disappointed, but Shannon's and my vote is for the Seffner location. Thank you Dennis again for an amazing experience.

Robert & Shannon

No comments: