Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Truly Humbling Experience

In my personal opinion, as a cook, everyone needs to be humbled at one time or another. I got body slammed and then Boston Crabbed (for all you wrasslin' fans out there, you would understand, if not please click on the pic to the right to explain my humbling). I used to make (what I thought, and my Mom thought, were the best) wings. Oh no, my Fiancee's relative in South Florida made the best wings, she told me. I will, admit I was cocky with my apple cider, garlic, special hot sauce, and butter. So during a trip to Miami I had the experience of trying Craig's wings. For all that is Holy, in hindsight I knew there was no way I could compete with those amazing wings. The name of the place is The Sports Grill. If you are ever in Miami you MUST go here. Great for families.

14617 Sw 104th St.
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 383-6110

If you get an order of the "Special Grilled" wings, you will never be disappointed. Everywhere he goes, he is known for the wings. Every family function he is asked if he is bringing wings. I have had the true privilege of helping him grill them at several family functions. It is a true joy. Knowing now that I cannot compete with the Special Grilled, I have decided to accept the fact that I have to come up with my own special recipe. We are working on a Tiger Sauce based wing sauce, due to the fact Shannon could use Tiger Sauce almost as much as her ketchup ( Which is put on damn near everything, yet she doen't like tomatoes?). Anyway, We'll keep everyone posted as we mess with the wings. BTW, after typing all this I now have a craving for some damned wings. I also have a quart of a second attempt of Tiger Sauce in the fridge. Craig, I thank you for the inspiration you have given me. Oh, and The Sports Grill's burgers? I am speechless........'nuf said.
Well, I hope this inspires you,
Robert

No comments: