Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New Place


Friday evening Shannon had a craving for egg rolls and fried rice, but she wanted to sit down and relax and eat. There was this place I drive by everyday and mentioned it to her. Liang's Bistro (their menu is available here). From the road it looks like a fast food restaurant that has been redone into a Chinese place. Boy was I wrong. Not only was it a sit down restaurant, it served Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, and other Asian dishes. We got the eggrolls for an appetizer and Shannon had the Liang's Chicken and I had the Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken. Both meals were amazing. The staff was great as well. I tend to pay attention to how everything works (waitstaff, cooks, interactions) and this place was smooth as silk. Now the prices are not like the take-out ( I'll take two #1's and a #3 with wonton soup and an eggroll), They are average restaurant entree prices ($9 to $13 on average and some highter) but the quality was wonderful and the portions leave enough to take home. The egg rolls were awesome. Most I encounter are greasy and have that slight burnt/old oil taste. Not these, they were crisp and light and the three sauces they give you are beyond words. I cannot say enough goods things about this place, I truly can't. Great Asian food done really well. What more can I say?

Liang's Bistro
17515 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33647
813-978-1225

Robert

No comments: