Friday, December 5, 2008

Taco Recipes

I am posting the original recipes I started with when I made the tacos. In a few days, when I compile all the new info on what changes/improvements I made, I will post the revised LaSpiaggia versions. What I mean by revised is I prefer to cook over oak instead of coals, so in keeping with the traditional flavor I would use coals and possibly mesquite chunks for flavor. Also I want to document the achiote paste from the video clip I posted a few days ago. One more thing, I think that, instead of the broiler, we fire roast the peppers, tomatoes and garlic we can pull out that much more true flavor. That said here are two amazing recipes that I think we can build upon.

Addendum: In the video Robert Rodriguez uses vinegar and orange juice. That is to replicate the acidity of sour oranges which we carry at Publix. That being said I think we could get a fresher taste by using the juice of the sour oranges from the start. This adjustment will be in my final recipe post for the tacos.

Click On The Images For A Larger View

No comments: