Monday, August 25, 2008

The Memories


Well, since we have been posting a lot about memorable experiences, I though I might add this story. When Shannon and I were scouting locations for our wedding, we headed out to Clearwater and Indian Rocks Beach. We we checking out Google Earth looking for venues and a place to stop for lunch that day when I remembered Keegan's Seafood Grill, here is their story. I saw this place on Guy Fieri's show, "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". The episode was "Seaside Eats". One of the locations was Keegan's. On the show he made Gumbo (click on this link for the RECIPE), and one of the house favorites, char broiled octopus. We ate lunch somewhere else that day, Now Shannon, being the sport she is, let me go get my octopus. Shannon ordered Bourbon Pecan Pie and I got the Char Broiled Octopus. She had to avert her eyes while I explored this dish (for all you Trekkies out there, this is true Klingon food). She loved the pecan pie, but the octopus was, for lack of sounding cliche, freaking unreal! I know everyone thinks it would be chewy and rubbery, it was not. The char broiling brought out this crusty filet mignon taste. The garlic and wine was subtle. Hell, I didn't even use the lemon they gave me. I was surprised at how tender it was. I would recommend this dish to anyone willing. You will not be disappointed. The first thing I did when I left was call my brother Scott. I had to take him here for that. Fortunately it is about 20 to 30 minutes from where we are getting married in October. But going back to the memory of the place, Cesar Labrador shows us that doing something right with fresh ingredients is an amazing thing. Shannon and I still laugh at the fact that she stared at her pie the whole time she ate it while I savored this Mediterranean treat. Neither of us will forget that trip.

Keegan's Seafood Grille
1519 Gulf Blvd
Indian Rocks Beach,
Florida 33785
(727) 596-247

Thanks,
Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that is a good story! Shannon you wouldnt be alone in the averting gaze as i would have stared away as well :P