Thursday, August 21, 2008

Soups and Chili

I just noticed that it has been a while since my last recipe post. So I decided I would post some of the soup dishes, as well as our chili, that we use quite a bit. The first is our chili. Shannon and I have worked on this quite a bit and it always turns out great. The key is to use a really sharp knife and hand dice the meat. It takes a while but the texture is phenomenal and well worth the effort. And cooked low and slow in a crock pot is even better.
Click on the recipes for a larger image

The next is what I made Shannon on our 3 year anniversary. We had rented Casablanca and I made a Moroccan meal for us to eat as we watched the film. The soup was a Spiced Chilled Tomato Soup. It was so great. I can imagine eating this on a blazing hot day, as it is a very refreshing soup. The only change I would make is possibly doubling the cinnamon. I have given this recipe to others as well and they tell me it's also very good heated. (Thanks Penny)

And finally, one of my all-time favorites, a Fire-Roasted Artichoke Bisque. Everytime I make this one it surprises people. One note though, do not skimp on freshness and use stock not broth. Fortunately there are plenty of commercially made stock in the grocery stores now, so that will save the time of making your own. Now if you do make your own stock that's a bonus in the fact that your soup will stand out.
Well, I hope this inspires someone to try making their own soups. It's amazing how well these have turned out for us. Sorry about the lack of recipes. I will be getting more up soon. Any suggestions?

Robert

No comments: